If it ain't broke...

Monday, August 15, 2005

Two Wheeled Wonder

Okay, that title is a little misleading. It's actually more like the 4 wheeled wonder. Reed received a new set of training wheels this week, and has been tearing around the neighborhood ever since. It seems he's a natural. I expected to have several weeks of practice, with me pushing from behind while he hung on for dear life. What I actually got was 2 practice tries where I gave him a little push to get the pedals turning, and him taking off into the sunset. He can stop on a dime, and hook a U-turn like a pro. I'm fully impressed. Finally, something is going smoothly with him. Hurry, document it for posterity!

As for the whole bedtime thing, it's been a roller coaster week. The first 2 nights went mediocre at best. The 3rd night was better than I could hope for. After a little cuddling and talking, he was asleep in under 2 hours. Then there was last night. After several hours of physically restraining him, he finally crashed, leaving me exhausted and cranky. I'm crossing my fingers that it starts getting better soon. Otherwise, I may have to start Googling military schools.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home