If it ain't broke...

Friday, August 12, 2005

Same song, second verse

Day 2 of the "make him sleep or else" strategy went about like last night. I can't be sure exactly when he went to sleep, as I also dozed off on his bed, but when I woke up at 10 PM, he was snoring, and that was that. That's not to say we didn't have our power struggles before then, but I was worried when we started this thing that we'd be up till all hours of the night getting him to sleep. I think I may bring a chair into his room tomorrow, since my back is killing me from his bed, and since laying with me seems to have the same effect as an IV line of pure sugar. He has a tendency to break out laughing for absolutely no reason, and the more he laughs, the more wound up he becomes. I just don't understand the boy. Owen apparently doesn't understand either, because both nights, he has stood in his crib peeking through the small opening in the door watching me cuddle with his brother, and sobbing his little eyes out because he can't join us.But let's not open that can of worms, shall we?

In other news, I have a job interview on Tuesday. I am both elated at the prospect that someone wants to hire me after my 13 month hiatus, and devastated because I won't be able to use the lack of interest in my resume as an excuse to stay home with the kids a bit longer if they offer me the job. But for the moment, I'm trying to remember that they're just eggs, not chickens. Don't want to jinx myself, after all.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home