If it ain't broke...

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Q: How can you tell if your child has a great educator?

A: When they write poetry about him. Today, Reed came home from school clutching a paper. I had to wait until after he went to bed to read it, because he wouldn't give it up before then. Here is what I found:

Funny Boy
by Mrs. C.

I work at school with a boy named
Reed,
Sometimes I laugh as he’s doing a deed.
He analyzes, often
surprises,
Comes up with words of colossal sizes.

After being
in school for just two weeks
The progress he’s made has come in
leaps.
He’s sitting longer, listening well,
Taking his turn, there’s more
to tell…

As he reads a book, he may laugh and giggle.
My
nickname for him has become “Mr. Wiggle”.
Reed has taught me to be patient,
have compassion and joy-
Teaching is a pleasure with this great, funny boy.


I've always loved his aide, but now I really love her. The boost to his self confidence is just awesome, and it's so great to hear how much she loves working with him.

2 comment(s):

Wow! What a fabulous story. He'll be sure to do well with someone so supportive and inspiring working with him.

By Blogger theotherbear, at 8:27 PM  

I am all teary eyed:) What a heartwarming story:)

By Blogger KC's Blog, at 1:34 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home