If it ain't broke...

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Since you asked...

Kristin's comment deserves to be answered. Her comment on my post about the new blog title was:
Steph- I love Quotes, you picked a good one. Made me happy and sad at the same time when I read it.
Love the new tittle and new look- seems like you have a found a "new place" within yourself too :o)
What brought about the change?

Well, first of all, Thank you. I thought long and hard on the new name. This quote just really stood out to me. It was made by someone with Asperger's Syndrome. It really spoke to me, so I felt it was the right name for this place in our journey. I'm not really sure where the new outlook came from. Honestly, I can't put my finger on a particular moment or revelation that changed things. A big part of it was you, my wonderful friends in my computer. Reading your blogs has given me insight that usually takes a long time of first hand experience to gain. Thank you so much for allowing me to take a minor shortcut through some of the heartache and learn from your lessons. I'm sure there are many more to come, but for now, I feel much more confident with my newfound knowledge of Reed and his needs.

So in answer to your question... Well, actually I HAVE no answer to your question. I am still bewildered and overwhelmed much of the time, but the rest of the time, I am better able to appreciate what it is that makes Reed who he is. I have become less about fixing him, and more about enjoying him.

I think I'm doing better, thanks for asking.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment(s):

Glad to hear that!!! I'm in the same boat too. We still have days when the future looks scary and uncertain, but I now have days when I can look at Gabe and see there really isn't anything to fix, he's beautiful just the way he is. It's a better place to be isn't it :o)

Kristin

By Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome, at 2:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home