If it ain't broke...

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Some random thoughts on blogging

So I recently discovered that a mom I "know" through an online community, and whose blog I happened upon recently, reads another blog I adore. What a small world, huh? Isn't it funny how this whole autism blogging thing brings together all of us who would ordinarily have no idea the others existed. Ok, maybe it's just me. I thought it was kinda cool.

So when I noticed the other day just how long it's been since I blogged last (sorry 'bout that), it got me thinking a lot about my blog. So I have a little poll for you:

  1. Why did you decide to start a blog? Was there one you read that got you interested? Did you have something you just HAD to get off your chest? What was your catalyst?
  2. Do your family and friends know about your blog? Do you let them read it? Have you ever wished they didn't?
  3. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
  4. What is your favorite thing about your favorite blog?
Ok, enough nosy questions from me. I'm just trying to gauge how weird I am, LOL.

2 comment(s):

Hey Steph!

My hubby and I realized recently through comments you posted on my blog (About the zoo) that we probably live fairly close together. Interesting huh? SD and I live very close to The Knob by the PINE trees. How about you? (My husband thought of the clue..I didn't get it at first:o) I was like ..Huh?

Good luck on the new blog title...It's such a personal choice, but it's hard to find the right words sometimes.

As for your questions..

I started over a year ago after reading Injecting Sense, MOM-NOS and Octoberbabies' blogs. The ring was only 14 people then. Can you believe it?

Only a few people I know read my blog and no one in my family outside of SD know I have one.

My favorite thing about blogging is the amazing people and friends that I have made. I would not have been able to shoulder all of this alone.

My favorite thing about my blog is letting go of all the stress and leaving it out in the blog world. It can be a lot to carry around. I also love that I have written a memoir of sorts about Gabe. It sheds a wonderful light on how far we have come :o)

How about you?

Kristin

By Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome, at 12:54 PM  

I had been wondering where you were! We live where the River is Red (it's a little tougher of a clue, but I'm sure you'll get it, lol). If you're ever up for a playdate, we're all for it. =]

The first blog I ever read is called Blog from a Broad. Her writing was so funny that I was hooked. I spent one afternoon just randomly searching through blogs until I had a small list of ones I liked. I read them for about a month before I really wanted to write my own, though.

No one knows about my blog. I think DH probably knows I have one, but he doesn't know where, and I like it that way. You may have noticed I like to complain about him alot on here. LOL I actually changed the name once because he read over my shoulder when I was publishing a post and saw the address.

My favorite thing about blogging is the comments. Some days you just need a little validation that you are not the worst mom in the world, or that the universe will not grind to a halt if I take a day off from the laundry.

My favorite thing about my blog is that I can gripe about things that I feel guilty about griping about. I love my kids, and don't want them to hear me complaning about them, but somedays you just need to vent.

My favorite thing about my favorite blog is that she is a lot more open than I am. She swears, she criticizes, and she's hillarious. I don't feel comfortable expressing myself that freely, but wish I could. So I live vicariously and try to loosen up a bit, lol.

By Blogger Steph, at 1:53 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home