If it ain't broke...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Breaking news!

Observe the new blog title. We have updated out diagnosis. As of this past Wednesday, Reed's PDD-NOS has been upgraded to Asperger's Syndrome (he scored a 90 on the Gilliams's scale, for crying out loud). I am quite pleased by this, as it will now be so much easier to get him the help that he needs. Not only does he now get his 1:1 mentor all day, every day, but it is so nice to talk to a doctor without that look of bewilderment on their face when you tell them your child has PDD-NOS. I mean, honestly, I shouldn't really have to explain a medical condition to a doctor, should I? Asperger's is so much easier to deal with as a parent.

We met with the boys' pediatrician this afternoon to discuss the next steps for both of them. She praised our thoroughness, and declared that a trip to the neurologist is in order for both Reed and Owen. Reed to confirm the school's results, and direct us in the next steps. Owen for a developmental evaluation. She said that if it's bothering me, that's good enough for her. I didn't not have to sell her on why I'm concerned about him. She said that she trusted my judgment, and that if I felt there was reason to have him evaluated, she would gladly write the referral. Have I mentioned that I L-O-V-E our pediatrician? She is going on maternity leave next week. I am very happy for her, but cannot wait until she is back in the office. I sincerely hope that neither boy needs to be seen in the meantime, because I don't really want to see anyone else in the office (and there are 6 other pediatricians in the practice who are all equally competent, but without her awesome bedside manner).

Okay, I'm rambling and probably not making much sense. Due to technical difficulties, I am unable to use my own computer, and it's throwing me off a bit (some days I'm a little PDD-ish myself, lol). I will try to do a more competent job of updating soon.

1 comment(s):

Wow! Reed is really doing well! I am so happy to hear that he is making huge strides and achieving great successes! Truly wonderful.

Thanks for the support on my last post :o)

Kristin

By Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome, at 3:28 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home