If it ain't broke...

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Unbearable Cuteness of Owen


Okay, so I've spent far too much time obsessing about Reed lately. Believe it or not, I do have another child. A perfectly delightful one as a matter of fact.


Yesterday, while reading my daily blogroll, Owen was sitting on the floor next to me playing quietly (for all practical purposes he doesn't talk, so he's generally a pretty quiet kid if he's not upset about something). I looked over at him just in time to see him gently cradling a Cabbage Patch doll and lean over, give it a kiss, and pat it on the head. My heart melted.

Today we went on what we lovingly refer to as a "Daddy Adventure". (Okay, it was a trip to Lowes. The boys enjoy it so much more if we call it an adventure). Since we needed items that are too large for our small cars, we borrowed my father-in-law's pick-up. As we were driving to the store, Owen looked out his window and saw Daddy in the truck in the next lane. "Is DAD!" He squealed with delight. "Is Dad! Ish!" (Yeah, I know it looks like talking, but everything starts with either is [pronounced with a soft s, as in short for this or it's] or ish [umm, I'm still not sure what ish means, but he says it an awful lot]) And there was much clapping and pointing. Hoorah.

A few days ago, he spotted our cat (whom he loves far more that any other member of the family). Normally this spurs his favorite word, "Kitty". This time, however, he erupted with glee as he shouted her name, "Sessa!" (The cat's name is technically Tess, although we generally call her Tessa). I tried to make a gigantic deal of this to encourage it to happen again. No luck, but still...

So you see, he's a pretty great kid. Fun, smart, adorable as all heck. I really should talk about him more. He's way less stressful.

1 comment(s):

He certainly is another cutie to cherish :o)

By Blogger Mom to Mr. Handsome, at 7:24 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home